Ingredients: 81% Ecuadorian Cacao beans
Wt: 200g (7.1oz)
Variety: Heirloom Nacional Cacao
Aged for 6 Years in a French Cognac cask | Harvest 2014 | Heirloom & Single Origin
PROFILE: Crafted in Ecuador from the rarest variety on earth. Experience aromas of dried plums, berries, oak.
RECIPES: It’s pretty simple. For best results, use a milk frother. Otherwise, a saucepan also works well. Add chocolate powder to your choice of milk, cream, non-dairy plant milk, or water. Heat and mix until frothy, and then serve.
Our Favorite Recipes
• European-Style: For small, rich servings with thick consistency, combine 1/3 cup of preferred liquid with 2 generous tablespoons of ground chocolate. If you have small coffee cups or espresso-style cups, this is a great opportunity to put them to use.
• American-Style: For moderate-sized servings with moderate consistency, combine 1/2 cup of preferred liquid with 2 generous tablespoons of ground chocolate. Serve in traditional-size coffee mugs.
• Extreme Decadence: Choose half-and-half or heavy cream as the liquid. In this case, it’s best to use “European-style” serving sizes.
A note about additives
There is no need to add any additional sweetener or other flavoring—this is meant to be enjoyed as a pure drinking chocolate. However, feel free to play around with it and add whatever you wish.
• Some flavoring options include cinnamon, vanilla, turmeric, cayenne pepper, or chili powder.
• You can also spike it with rum, whisky, or tequila, among other spirits...or not. Your call.
CERTIFICATION: Heirloom Cacao Preservation. Beyond Certifications (read more)
Note: Include a sign-off in your message unless you wish to keep it anonymous.
Characters left: 160